Associate Professor in M-EDF/01, Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, University of Naples "Federico II".
- 1992 Degree in medicine and surgery
- 1997 Specialization in biochemistry and clinical chemistry
- 2004 PhD in biochemistry and medical biotechnology
- 2004 Researcher in BIO/12 scientific area, School of Medicine and Surgery of the “Federico II” University of Naples “Federico II”.
- 2004 Medical Director, owner of the Simple Operating Unit "Biological Individual Typing", Department of Laboratory and Transfusion Medicine AOU “Federico II” Napoli
- 2011 Role of Associate Professor in M-EDF/01 scientific area, Department of Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, University of Naples "Federico II".
The research topics fall within the areas of Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, applied to the analysis of the molecular basis of hereditary genetic diseases, with particular interest in Celiac disease and Monogenic diabetes, in order to identify pathogenetic mechanisms that can be targeted by new personalized therapies, and to propose innovative pathways of molecular diagnostics.
• Study of the molecular basis and of the genotype-phenotype correlation in different forms of non-autoimmune diabetes (MODY, Neonatal diabetes, Insulin resistance syndromes)
• Evaluation of the impact of the GCK genotype of a MODY2 mother on the birth weight of children carrying the GCK mutation, and of the impact of the GCK genotype of a MODY2 fetus on the glycemic profiles of an affected mother in pregnancy
• Genomic characterization from ancient DNA
- Dr. Fernanda Iafusco, Degree in Medical Biotechnology, Clinical Pathology and Clinical Biochemistry specializing
- Dr. Serena Meola, Degree in medicine and surgery, Clinical Pathology and Clinical Biochemistry specialist
- Credendino SC, Bellone ML, Lewin N, Amendola E, Sanges R, Basu S, Sepe R, Decaussin-Petrucci M, Tinto N, Fusco A, De Felice M, De Vita G. A ceRNA Circuitry Involving the Long Noncoding RNA Klhl14-AS, Pax8, and Bcl2 Drives Thyroid Carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2019;79(22):5746–5757.
- Delvecchio M, Mozzillo E, Salzano G, Iafusco D, Frontino G, Patera PI, Rabbone I, Cherubini V, Grasso V, Tinto N, Giglio S, Contreas G, Di Paola R, Salina A, Cauvin V, Tumini S, d'Annunzio G, Iughetti L, Mantovani V, Maltoni G, Toni S, Marigliano M, Barbetti F; Diabetes Study Group of the Italian Society of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes (ISPED). Monogenic Diabetes Accounts for 6.3% of Cases Referred to 15 Italian Pediatric Diabetes Centers During 2007 to 2012. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Jun 1;102(6):1826-1834
- Capuano M, Iaffaldano L, Tinto N, Montanaro D, Capobianco V, Izzo V, Tucci F, Troncone G, Greco L, Sacchetti L. MicroRNA-449a overexpression, reduced NOTCH1 signals and scarce goblet cells characterize the small intestine of celiac patients. PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e29094. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0029094. Epub 2011 Dec 15. Erratum in: PLoS One. 2012;7(1).
- Esposito G, De Falco F, Tinto N, Testa F, Vitagliano L, Tandurella IC, Iannone L, Rossi S, Rinaldi E, Simonelli F, Zagari A, Salvatore F. Comprehensive mutation analysis (20 families) of the choroideremia gene reveals a missense variant that prevents the binding of REP1 with Rab geranylgeranyl transferase. Hum Mutat. 2011 Dec;32(12):1460-9
- Bourgey M, Calcagno G, Tinto N, Gennarelli D, Margaritte-Jeannin P, Greco L, Limongelli MG, Esposito O, Marano C, Troncone R, Spampanato A, Clerget-Darpoux F, Sacchetti L. HLA related genetic risk for coeliac disease. Gut. 2007 Aug;56(8):1054-9. Epub 2007 Mar 7.