Full Professor of Methods and Didactics of the Human Movement, SSD M-EDF/01
Department of Motor and Wellness Sciences, University Parthenope, Napoli
Full Professor of Human Movement Sciences, Department of Human Movement Sciences and Wellbeing, University Parthenope, Via Medina 40, Ist Floor, 80133 Napoli-I
- Functional and behavioral characterization of aldolase C KO mice in collaboration with Proff.s F. Salvatore and A. Usiello present at CEINGE;
- Genomic and epigenetic determinant in severe human obesity in collaboration with Proff.ri P. Forestieri, F. Contaldo, F. Pasanisi, L. Sacchetti, from University Federico II, and CEINGE-biotecnologie avanzate, Napoli. We contributed in the identification and functional characterization of new mutations in master genes associated to severe obesity in adult and childhood subjects living in Campania as well as to the identification of miRNA involved in the regulation of obesity master genes;
- Recently we started a research collaboration with Institute of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics, University of Southern Denmark, Odense (DK),Proff. P. Krustrup, M. Mohr and M. Randers focused on the study of molecular determinants in healthy longevity mediated by Adapted Physical Exercise and Adapted Sport Training. We demonstrated that lifelong football training positively affects the expression of key markers involved in skeletal muscle differentiation, DNA-repair and autophagy, promoting longevity. Further, we also contributed in determination of new molecular biomarkers that could be used in the fight against GH or DEHA doping in athletes, in collaboration with University of Foro Italico, Roma, Proff. Parisi and Pigozzi, and with CEINGE-biotecnologie avanzate for Proteomic and Metabolomic approaches.
- Functional characterization of KO Aldolase C mice;
- Genomic and epigenetic determinant in severe human obesity;
- Molecular determinants in healthy longevity mediated by physical exercise and sport training.
- Stefania Orrù, PA, DISMeB, University Parthenope, Napoli;
- Annamaria Mancini, RU, DISMeB, University Parthenope, Napoli;
- Andreina Alfieri, RU, DISMeB, University Parthenope, Napoli;
- Alessia Terracciano, PhD, Human Movement and Sport sciences, University Parthenope, Napoli;
- Georgios Ermidis, PhD, Human Movement and Sport sciences, University Parthenope, Napoli
- Francesca Cozzolino, PhD, Human Movement and Sport sciences, University Parthenope, Napoli.
- Krustrup P, Williams CA, Mohr M, Hansen PR, Helge EW, Elbe AM, de Sousa M, Dvorak J, Junge A, Hammami A, Holtermann A, Larsen MN, Kirkendall D, Schmidt JF, Andersen TR, Buono P, Rørth M, Parnell D, Ottesen L, Bennike S, Nielsen JJ, Mendham AE, Zar A, Uth J, Hornstrup T, Brasso K, Nybo L, Krustrup BR, Meyer T, Aagaard P, Andersen JL, Hubball H, Reddy PA, Ryom K, Lobelo F, Barene S, Helge JW, Fatouros IG, Nassis GP, Xu JC, Pettersen SA, Calbet JA, Seabra A, Rebelo AN, Figueiredo P, Póvoas S, Castagna C, Milanovic Z, Bangsbo J, Randers MB, Brito J.: The "Football is Medicine" platform-scientific evidence, large-scale implementation of evidence-based concepts and future perspectives. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2018 Aug;28 Suppl 1:3-7.
- Mancini A, Vitucci D, Randers MB, Schmidt JF, Hagman M, Andersen TR, Imperlini E, Mandola A, Orrù S, Krustrup P, Buono P.: Lifelong Football Training: Effects on Autophagy and Healthy Longevity Promotion., Front Physiol. 2019 Feb 19;10:132.
- Vitucci D, Imperlini E, Arcone R, Alfieri A, Canciello A, Russomando L, Martone D, Cola A, Labruna G, Orrù S, Tafuri D, Mancini A, Buono P. Serum from differently exercised subjects induces myogenic differentiation in LHCN-M2 human myoblasts. J Sports Sci. 2018 Jul;36(14):1630-1639.
- Nardelli C, Iaffaldano L, Pilone V, Labruna G, Ferrigno M, Carlomagno N, Dodaro CA, Forestieri P, Buono P, Salvatore F, Sacchetti L.: Changes in the MicroRNA Profile Observed in the Subcutaneous Adipose Tissue of Obese Patients after Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding. J Obes. 2017;2017:6754734.5.
- Buono P, D'Armiento FP, Terzi G, Alfieri A, Salvatore F.: Differential distribution of aldolase A and C in the human central nervous system. J Neurocytol. 2001 Dec;30(12):957-65.