Comparative anatomy and pathology
The activities are divided into RESEARCH activities for researchers within CEINGE and in collaboration with researchers or external research groups and DIAGNOSTICS through requests from AOU Federico II Hospital, Aziende Pubbliche Sanitarie in Campania, National territory and "Private" through "ad hoc" agreements.
- PARAFFIN PROCESSING
- O.C.T. PROCESSING
- PARAFFIN INCLUSION (STANDARD)
- PARAFFIN INCLUSION (DECALCIFIED TISSUE)
- O.C.T. INCLUSION
- CRYOSTAT CUTTING
- MICROTOME CUTTING
- HEMATOXYLIN EOSIN
- TAGLIO SEZIONI IN PARAFFINA ADDIZIONALI BIANCHE
- SERIAL CUTTING OF PARAFFIN SECTION
- HISTOCHEMICAL STAINING (*)
- IMMUNOHISTOCHEMICAL STAINING (see Figure 1)
- TELEPATHOLOGY: BRIGHT FIELD AND FLUORESCENCE ACQUISITION”
- LASER MICRODISSECTION ON BRIGHT FIELD AND FLUORESCENCE
(*) PAS REACTION (Collagen and Fibrin); Luxol fast blue (myelinization-demyelinizatione); Alizarin Red (osteogenesis, Ca++ ion); Red Oil (Lipids content); Cresyl Violet (Nissl- stain -neurons); Peris (iron deposits)
- FISH on solid tumors
- FISH on liquid tumors
- Immunopathology on solid tumors for polarized immune cells (TAMs, MSDC, T- and T-reg cells for analysis on mammary, colon, pancreas, lung and brain cancer)
ACCESS TO SERVICES
Who wants to use the comparative anatomy and pathology facility at CEINGE can contact the Service Manager, who, based on the request made, will provide a quotation for the service on the basis of the current rate. If interested the request/ order must be prepared using the following modules:
- Mod. PC 01 module for histopathology requests (processing, inclusion, cutting and histochemical staining)
- Mod. PC 02 module for microdissection requests
- Mod. PC 03 module for scanning requests for telepathology
- Mod. PC 04 module for immunohistochemical staining requests
The samples can be delivered to the Service from Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 12.30. The biopsy samples must reach the laboratory in a single container with an appropriate volume of fixative. The routine fixative is buffered formalin, while Immunofix (4% paraformaldehyde) is recommended if subsequent immunocytochemical tests are planned. The container must clearly indicate the identification number. The samples must be received accompanied by the relative printed request sheet.
RESULTS AND PAYMENT
The time it takes for these results can vary depending on the date of delivery of the sample and the type of the service requested. Generally, 3 days for histological stains and 7 days for immunohistochemistry. The material and results produced can be taken from Monday to Friday, from 9.30 to 12.30 in a dedicated laboratory area for the reception of the sample and delivery of the results.
On the basis of the services requested, the Accounting and Budget Office at CEINGE will be responsible for issuing the tax documents and activating the service activity as described in the "Request Form".